CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Psychedelic Trance a.k.a. Psytrance

Recently I've gotten several questions from my Viral marketing classmates about what Psychedelic Trance a.k.a. Psytrance is?! I was totally surprised since Purchase College is a Music/ Art Institute, but it seems as if most of the students don't know about Psytrance, or haven't even heard of it. Electronic Dance Music in general is huge in Europe, Asia, South America, and basically everywhere else BUT the U.S... Rock & Hip Hop still seems to dominate the mainstream, but I know there's a wave of Dance music that's coming sooner or later. Why?! I'll explain that in my future blog...

Well its really hard to explain Psytrance in just a few sentences because you really need to hear it on a proper sound-system, and feel it with your body and soul to truly understand it. Well in a few words, its a form of electronic music usually created with layers of synthetic melodies and riffs, with pounding kicks and bass lines. Some who don't know about it may judge it as Techno music, or even rave parties, but it is NOT!!! Its more than just a genre of music, but for many a spiritual experience, a life style, a culture, and a movement.

Take a look at this short documentary about Psytrance. I think you'll get a better understanding of Psychedelic Trance than my explanation...


A few more videos for your reference... Some of the pioneers of the scene. I believe many Psytrance enthusiasts wouldn't consider them psychedelic (anymore), but this is for those who don't know about Psytrance :p Afterall, after 10 years, they are still rocking dance floors across the globe.

Infected Mushroom



GMS- Theme from the movie "Requem for a Dream"



Skazi

0 comments: