CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Psytrance Video & my Podcast mix for Purchase Viral Marketing Class

Its been a while since I last updated my blog due to the overwhelming amount of work that I have these days, as graduation draws very close. But Finally, I created my two short films & podcast so I would like to share it with everyone.

The first video is a preview of the Orb Festival by Alladin Project. The festival takes place in upstate Afton NY on July 9 - 13th, and it is the only outdoors psychedelic trance festival in NY. There is another Festival in Philladelphia called Gaian Mind, on June 11-14th, but for now, I'm sticking to psytrance only in NY. I will be performing at the Orb Festival again, and it will be my third time playing there :) You can find videos of the festival & my self playing at the previous Orb festivals on youtube. Look for user/ channel psytechnologist.




The following video is a glimpse of our biweekly Psycheground parties held at Sullivan Room. Psycheground is currently the longest running weekday psytrance party and has a reputation of throwing quality events with international headliners every so often. Our next one is scheduled in mid May with a new concept. More info soon.




And finally my podcast project. I created a 7 and a half minute micro-mix of some new psychedelic trance music. I created this micro-mix using four songs, and various samples and loops and mixed everything together. When I play in front of people, I usually wouldn't mix one song to the other this quickly. However, this song is intended for the viral marketing class members, and I assumed most of them to have never heard of this type of music. So I made this mix with that in mind, using lots of vocals (which usually turns off a lot of psy heads), and less repeated loops and grooves. Well, I'll appreciate any kind of feedback (positive and negative) and hope you enjoy the mix. Please download from the link below.

http://rapidshare.com/files/227383426/Viral_Podcast_Mix-_DJ_KeN-_April_09.mp3