CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

In Depth Review of March 13th Alladin Party @ Club Exit BK

It has been a while since I went out to a proper Psytrance party, due to the overload of school, work, and life in general. The weather was perfect, and simply felt really great to get out, just as mid term exams finished, and I started my spring break :)



(Club Exit without any Decoration- click 2 enlarge)


I got to Club Exit in Greenpoint Brooklyn around 12:30am, and was greeted by several of my fellow Indian friends. We had a nice chat, as I was really tempted by the thumping bass that leaked through from the walls of the club. As usual, Exit was decked out in full UV decoration & back drops. As I entered the club, I was quite surprised to see my long time friend & DJ, Knob on the decks. He hardly plays at the beginning of parties, but was playing some really groovy tunes from his new project called Sublex. A little on the darker side, pacing around 135bpm, but not too deep or bright. Just perfect for the time of the night, as the dance floor was slowly filling up, and had everyone getting into the groove.



Andromeda then came on to play some brighter progressive psytrance. He had some quality tracks, really beautiful, to create a nice story as he got the entire dance floor into trance mode. Then came Orbit (Elnadiv and Knob) the organizers for Alladin Project. Needless to say, they droped their usual bombs after bomb, as they rocked the entire dance floor. Next up was the much anticipated Digital Talk. He was good, but I expected much more from him, since he is one of the most sought after acts in the scene these days.





Then came my climax of the night- Mad Maxx of Phantasm Records . I really liked his last album Afterworld, and was looking forward to hearing him play, as I too have played several of his tracks at my own previous gigs and had the crowd going. As he got up into the DJ booth, and started his set with a remixed version of the track Edge of Time, he simply turned the energy level of the dance floor up several knots. By the third track of his set, everyone was dancing like crazy, and not a single soul stood still on the dance floor. Mad Maxx's song selection was perfect, every track on point, and simply created smiles on everyone's faces. His music was spiritual, yet powerful & top quality production. Its been a while that a DJ/artist made me dance, and wouldn't let me stop.



(picture courtesy of Dogus A)

The party ended on a very positive note with Chromosome's short but yet smooth set. From everyone's facial expression, they wanted more, and didn't want the party to end. But it was past 6am, and the main speakers were turned down, as the DJ had no choice but to slowly kill the music. The lights came on as security slowly started to kick people out... Overall, people seemed to be very satisfied with the outcome of this party. My feet & legs were sore, but it was totally worth it. Thanx to everyone who came out to this party by bringing their positive energy and vibes to the dance floor. Also, to the DJs & artists who were involved, and last but not least to the Alladin Crew. Next Alladin party is scheduled for the April 11th.

0 comments: